Wednesday, August 29, 2007

And So It Begins

Injection #1 - Day 1 Loading

I've been really dreading these two loading days. I know many see it as an opportunity to 'cheat' and eat all the stuff they won't be able to eat for a while but for me - I already mostly only eat the foods allowed on protocol. That probably sounds strange coming from someone that needs to lose 100 lbs but there you go.

For breakfast I ate some sausage and egg and cheese with a bagel and I was feeling SO sick just 15 mins later. I know I'll get through these days but I'm already miserable. :( And it's time for lunch and I'm nowhere near hungry. Ugh.

I'll try to cover more on the mixing/injection process later today - maybe. It went horribly for me. I literally was a blumbling mess. I was looking at so many different instructions since they all say something different & I think it just fed my confusion. I'm glad I only have to mix every so often. And the injection itself was an entirely different nightmare. It burned a bit and then bled for a while afterwards even though I aspirated and had no blood. I think I might have also tried to inject too quickly because I thought I was done & removed the needle and then looked at it and there was still some left! Who knows if there's even hcg running through my system at all. I hope it goes more smoothly tomorrow. Holy stress fest. I need a drink. :p

2PM: Bleh. For lunch I had to go pick up some ground beef at the store since all I have here is ground turkey breast. I ended up fixing a grilled hamburger with cheese & mayo and then some homemade onion rings. Still feeling disgusting. I hope I'm eating enough because I don't feel there's any possible way I could be eating more. I'd almost rather have a starving feeling for the next 6 weeks than to feel this sickly. Of course, that's easy to say now, eh? :) I think I need to either go take a hot bath or lie down for a bit. Or both. More later...

730PM: Back from dinner. I'm actually not feeling as bad now. We went to have sushi for dinner. I know - not the best high-fat choice but I had to have it one more time before VLCD starts. I did have squid tempura so that was high in fat. Also a rainbow roll topped with salmon, tuna, and eel. And then the Chefs special roll which had eel sauce and a bunch of stuff all deep fried. So I did get some fat in. It was very yummy. I certainly hope I ate enough today. There was no chance I could have fit any more in this bod.

Beware: Stop reading now if you don't want to venture into TMI territory.

I have to say that I'm also passing gas like a crazy person. Even the dog doesn't want to sit near me. I'm guessing this is another of my body's responses to putting all of this crap into it today. The family just might suffocate of air poisoning by the end of all this tomorrow.

I suppose that's it for today. Sorry to end on such a smelly note. See you tomorrow for day two!


Amie said...

Hahahahahaaa!!! That last part about had me on the floor! Sorry about the sick, bloated gassiness though. I hope the VLCD goes better for you :)

All the best!

amiehcg (Yahoo ID)

Renee said...

Thanks, amie! My family is very grateful that all of it seems to have passed. I'm back to smelling like a flower. :)

BizAdventure said...

Hey girl! I don't know where I been! I didn't realize you had finally gotten your stuff and had started! Been in my own little world I guess! Congrats on the start, and will be looking forward to reading your progress!