Tuesday, September 18, 2007

VLCD Day 19

No Injection
Loss Today: <.8>
Loss Total: <22.4>


Well at least that silly scale moved today. Whew.

I just returned from picking up some meat from my local grocery. And it was FREE! I traded some emails with the Store Director about their meat selection and my specific needs. He told me he would order whatever I needed and get them in for me to try for free. Today I left there with 12 steaks and a roast. Did I mention they were FREE?! Yeah, free meat apparently makes me the teeniest bit excited. This will save me from 1) having to travel 25 mins to the Whole Foods store and 2) having to wait on my farm buddy to butcher some more meat. I'll still be ordering from him, but it's nice every once in a while to be able to simply pick up a few steaks rather than to always order a half a cow. :)

Lunch: I started off and had my dessert first, simply because I can! Last night I had made a few batches of the strawberry sorbet so I had some of that. Then I made meatballs with marinara sauce. Wow. Those totally hit the spot! So so good.

Dinner: We had a busy night so for dinner I shredded some boiled chicken and made quick chicken salad wraps. It was quick & easy, but I had something else altogether planned so it left me a bit unsatisfied. Ah well, there's always tomorrow!

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

WOW! FREE MEAT??? I gotta call my butcher! ROFL - Renee, do I know your starting weight? Have you posted it somewhere and I just forgot because that is entirely possible! LOL

wecandoit3 said...

Congrats on the free meat! Too funny about having dessert first, "Because I can." ;) Your recipes sound so awesome, but I'm nervous about doing lots of experimental cooking during Round One. Any advice on this note? Have a great day...hope your dinner plans come together tonight! :)

Renee said...

Biz- No, you don't know my starting weight. LOL. I sort of, well totally, chickened out when it came to posting it on my blog. I'm planning on doing it when I reach the end of this round with a graph showing the daily loss. It's painful enough for me to input my daily weight into FitDay, let alone for the entire internets to see just yet. :)

Wecandoit-
Thanks for the comment on my recipes! I put a lot of hard work into them and it's always nice to get feedback. :)

I can understand your apprehensiveness regarding experimenting. I would say as long as you stay within everything that Dr Simeons states you can have, you will be fine. However, it's really important to learn what works for YOUR body. So far so good for me. And I'm finding it a lot easier to simply feed my entire families on my recipes instead of having to fix two dinners each night.

Congrats on getting started! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your blog.